The Appledorn website (home page https://appledorn.co.uk/) is operated by Appledorn Developments Limited.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
1.5 We are committed to ensuring that all personal information we hold is treated properly and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) and our registration number is ZB215929. In accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, we are required to explain to you how we will treat any personal data which we collect from you. Our registered company number is 07134409 and our registered office address is Appledorn Developments Limited, Carrcroft, Suffield Hill, Suffield, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO13 0BH.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO if you have any concerns with regard to the way in which we process your personal data. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Please note that if you apply to us for a job or other role we will collect additional information from you in connection with such application. Further details of how we will process any such information will be made available at the beginning of any related application process.
You warrant that any information you supply to us is accurate and up to date (whether or not the information is about you), that you will inform us if any information that you provide us with requires updating, and that if you submit a third party’s details to us (including but not limited to via our website) you have that third party’s permission or an alternative legal basis to do so.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
It is possible to visit and browse our website without being required to tell us who you are or reveal any information about yourself.
If you contact us or use our services, we may collect certain information from you which may include your name, invoice address, payment or other account details, employer/organisation, job title, e-mail address and telephone number.
If you contact us, we may keep a copy or a record of your correspondence.
We may use the information about you described in sections 2.2 and 2.3 above where necessary for our legitimate interests in the following ways (so long as our interests are not overridden by the impact on you):
- to create a client account for you or your employer/organisation (which will be used to manage and administer our relationship with you or your employer/organisation);
- to develop our systems and services and ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your electronic device used to access our website;
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us or access;
- to notify you about changes or prospective changes to our services and/or our website; and
- to create anonymised reports based on your usage of our website.
If you enter into a contract for services with us, we may use your name, contact details, employer’s/organisation’s details or bank account details where necessary for the performance of any contract between us (for example, to take payment from you of the price of the relevant services and to issue any refunds that may become payable).
We may also use your information to carry out a credit check and/or obtain trade references using third parties. We will do this (and use any related information received from such third parties) where necessary for our legitimate interests in satisfying ourselves that you will be able to comply with your payment and other obligations under any subsequent contract between us.
In the event that you provide us with feedback regarding our website or any of our services, we may use and disclose that feedback to our suppliers and other users of our services where it is in our legitimate interests to do so in order to improve our website and services that we provide. This includes any information that you provide to us if you report a problem with our website or any of our services.
If you correspond with us (e.g. using email), we may retain a record of or the content of your correspondence together with your contact details and our responses where necessary for our and your legitimate interests in order that we can appropriately manage your relationship with us, to reply to your correspondence and for training and quality purposes.
Where we need to collect personal data in connection with any services which you request or order from us and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to provide such services or perform any related contract that we have or are trying to enter into with you.
Third Party Disclosures
We may disclose personal information about you:
- with third parties who are directly involved in dealing with any request, enquiry, order, complaint or other correspondence submitted by you or in the performance of any contract between us and you or your employer/organisation;
- with third parties who are processing your information on our behalf for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions;
- where we are legally required to do so;
- with third parties who are providing us with professional advice where necessary for our legitimate interests in obtaining such advice and permitted by law;
- in connection with criminal investigations, legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings where necessary for our related legitimate interests and where permitted by law;
- where necessary for our legitimate interests and permitted by law in establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention, debt collection and debt tracing actions) and protecting the rights, property or safety of Appledorn Developments Limited, our clients, our employees, suppliers or others; and
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we propose to dispose of or acquire any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective acquirer or seller of such business or assets and/or their professional advisors) or if we or substantially all of our assets are proposed to be acquired by a third party. Any such disclosure will be made where necessary for the legitimate interests of us and/or the third party in respect of the proposed transaction; however we will not transfer your personal information to any such third party unless we are satisfied that they are able to provide an adequate level of protection in respect of your personal information.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know that information. However, the Internet is global and no data transmitted via the Internet can be guaranteed by us to be completely secure during transmission. We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default. It is possible that the information you provide to us will be temporarily transferred via a route outside the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area as it passes between us.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and/or any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
You have a legal right to see a copy of the personal information that we keep about you and to correct any inaccuracies, subject to certain exemptions. In some circumstances you may also have the right to:
- request that we erase any personal information held about you;
- restrict our processing of your personal information (for example, to ask to suspend the processing of personal information to establish its accuracy or the reasons for processing it);
- data portability (i.e. to request the transfer of personal information to a third party); and
- object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party).
Requests of the nature set out in section 5.1 above should be made in writing to Appledorn Developments Limited, Carrcroft, Suffield Hill, Suffield, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO13 0BH. Please contact the same address if you have any reason to believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and, in any event, within one month from the date of receiving the request. Please note that we may, where legally permitted, reject any such request or limit the scope of our response (e.g. if, in the circumstances, the right does not apply to you.
In accordance with applicable data protection legislation, we follow security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your information. We may therefore request proof of your identity before disclosing certain information to you or complying with any other request of or a nature described in section 5.1 above.
You will not generally have to pay a fee to exercise any of your rights described in section 5.1 above. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if you make a request to see a copy of your personal information which is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively we may refuse to comply with your request in such circumstances.
Retention and Destruction of your Personal Information
Whilst taking into consideration our legal obligations, we will on an ongoing basis: review the length of time that we retain personal data for; consider the purpose or purposes for which we hold the personal data in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it for; securely delete personal data that is no longer needed for such purpose or purposes; and update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date.
What about third party websites that you can access via our website?